I have been going through a few changes lately and I felt the need to write about them tonight to clear my mind and to let you know about the changes happening to this site.
1. This website is changing! I will cut down papercraft tutorials to add different content. Don’t worry, I will post one occasionally but I stopped the challenges permanently. They were too much work to maintain and the deadlines haunted me.
As you can see from the changes in the menu, I added book reviews, movie reviews, marketing tips and a personal blog. Yes it’s true, I’m going to get personal and update you on my life events. They’re not thrilling.
I’m not sure which direction this blog will go, but I will TRY to post consistently. I’m open to suggestions on topics? Please add your deepest desires for this blog at the bottom of this post.
Also, the thought of a VLog Channel to supplement this content came up. I’m awkward in front of a camera and I can never think of what to say on the fly. I’m not animated in real life…I will probably just sit there and stare blankly at the camera as my intro…while smiling. I will probably lip sync the video. My lips will be moving and I’ll add my voice later.
2. My pastor at church is saying good-bye. He sold the church to focus on world missions. The new church will go by a different name and will be under new leadership. I believe there will be renovations to the building as well. I have to decide whether to become a member at the new church or find another church. A lot of people I know have left the Bay Area because of the crazy cost of living. I’ve been invited to Texas but I declined. I have a big decision to make – I know I’m supposed to pray about it first and then wait for my decision. The most comfortable thing would be to stick with this new church because it’s a familiar drive to the building. BUT, I’ve been looking into some promising ones nearby. The good thing about living in a city is that they’re everywhere! Maybe I’ll make my rounds and do yelp reviews. Haha!
3. We had a thunderstorm and it hailed today! A cold front came through and charged our warm atmosphere. It disturbed our mild spring day! The Bay Area doesn’t get many thunderstorms. The one thunderclap we had was loud! Yes, I have lived in the East Coast for a time and I understand how eyes will roll towards Californians who exaggerate the slightest rain drop. Needless to say, people were struggling to drive on the hail that blanketed the city streets. The Bay Area was actually featured on the Weather Channel’s website… I was excited about it. I love the weather channel articles and videos. I watch Tornado and Hurricane documentaries. I used to love the Storm Chaser series. Twister was my favorite movie for a long time. Reed Timmer is my favorite storm chaser! He’s my dude! You can find him on Accuweather. I also enjoy Dr. Greg Forbes…so much knowledge! Anyway, here’s the link to the weather channel story of the hail in the Bay Area today: Weather Channel Story.
I have a little story about my first East Coast Thunderstorm: I had just moved to the East Coast and we were going through a severe thunderstorm. I was home alone and I ran to the neighbors house (who I didn’t know at the time) and I said, “Hi, I’m from California and this is my first thunderstorm, can I come in?” My sweet neighbor let me in and I ended up having the loveliest time with him and his wife sipping sweet tea and waiting it out. I’m aware this story will cause eye rolls and rants.
4. Shortly after it hailed this morning, we experienced a 3.9 Earthquake. I had finished my morning breakfast when I felt a rumble and a sudden jolt. I was frazzled.
5. One of my favorite Christian Bands is disbanding after a farewell tour. They leave behind a legacy of inspiring, uplifting and beautiful life-changing songs. Here’s their Youtube Channel: Third Day.
Thank you for reading!